2010-01-25

Gordon Ramsay's Pork Satay ( my first try )

500 gr pork loin or fillet ( i used more :P)
tinned coconut milk
fresh grated ginger ( I used dried one... its cheaper and lasts more)
1 lemon grass ( well I couldnt find that either so I used grated lemon worked just fine )
1-2 tsp turmeric
2.-4 tsp coriander
2-4 tsp cumin
sea salt ( or just damn plain salt, I had it at home but you dont need to be as preepy as Ramsay :P)
ground black pepper
1-2 tsp ground sugar ( I only used one because I am not such a big fan of sweet food)
oil for brushing

1. mix the coconut milk with the spices, cut the pork into thin long strips.let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours.later take them about and thread the marinated slices onto either presoaked bamboo skewers  or like the cheap me on plain laying around barbecue sticks:)

 
 
2.heat up the barbecue, grill or grill pan.brush with a little oil to prevent them from sticking and drying out.
3. I served them with boiled jasmin rice and a white caabbage sallad...YUMMY!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment